Lead paint abatement specialist Ron Peik shows the safe, proper way to dispose of lead paint.
In this video, lead paint abatement specialist Ron Peik shows the safe, proper way to dispose of lead paint.
Steps for Removing Lead Paint
- Use a paint scraper to remove the paint from the outside corners of baseboard.
- Collect the lead-paint dust using a special HEPA vacuum.
- Install new drywall over walls that contain lead.
- Remove doors and mantelpieces and bring to a commercial refinisher who has a dip tank for chemically stripping off the old paint.
- Use a hammer and pry bar to remove all moldings that will be replaced by new wood.
- After removing the moldings, use a HEPA vacuum to collect lead-paint dust.
- Insulate the voids around the windows and exterior doors prior to replacing the interior trim.
- Once all the lead paint has been removed, wash all surfaces in the entire room with a TSP solution.
Wondering what your home is worth in today’s market?
Find out in seconds, ONLINE at: HomeWorth.TheMansourTeam.com
Get New HOT listings to your inbox daily, before any other buyers at: